Saturday 28 May 2011

I'm buzzing.

I'm so excited. The tickets for my first festival arrived this morning. I missed doing the whole wellies and muddy field thing when I was younger, far too sensible and settled down as the little woman, but that's another story for another time. So what with Mike not knowing when the number 90 bus is coming through our door and me having had a deprived and definitely not depraved youth (oh the regrets) we decided that this year a few days in a muddy field in Cumbria were needed.

We found out a week ago that the Saturday is fancy dress. Mike thought he might go as Tina, but I soon vetoed that idea as his legs are better than mine and I'm fed up of him getting the compliments. Funnily enough we were asked yesterday by Dr SB who was going to be the bride and who the groom!!!! Bloomin' cheek. So I came up with what I think is a brilliant idea and I'm going to make us some costumes. Yes, I'm going to sew!!!

In true Lorna style, I am keen to make a start, even though I have curtains to finish (yep still sitting waiting to be hemmed), various knitting projects to continue and several small repair jobs, all of which I should really attend to first, but...... Any way I have found the pattern I intend to use courtesy of a young lady called Dixie I have the pattern sitting next to me. It is going to be so cool.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I saw an article last weekend that the one thing you shouldn't wear to a festival is a jump/cat suit/all in one (look I can't remember exactly what it called it) because you don't want to be in a portaloo semi naked! Just something to bare (haha) in mind! ;D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.