Saturday 12 February 2011

Sunny Saturday but Poorly Paula.

I logged on to FB this morning to find a message from  Margaret concerned about Paula as she hasn't blogged for over a week. Now I had started worrying last Saturday when she missed her daily blog. I just knew she wouldn't be beaten by a little bout of anything short of pubonic, I mean bubonic plague. So as I had her mobile number I sent her a text. Turned out she had decided to take a short break as her counts were low and they wanted to prod and poke her to find the little infection causing her high temperatures. Not being one to gossip, I felt it necessary to ask Paula if she minded me spreading her business about so I called her to ask. Turns out that although she has her lap top, she doesn't have any internet, so couldn't blog to keep us all informed. Obviously she didn't mind, that or I just decided to air her dirty laundry any way. It has however given her an unfair advantage on the Thinning Thursday front, the hospital food helped her lose 2kg in one week! I told her that I did think that maybe I'd jinxed her with my remark about her stash and a bus through her bedroom. Luckily I got away with it.

As part of Thinning Thursdays I have tried to increase the amount of activity in my life. I'd fallen into bad habits with the help of Mike. At one time I would walk to the shop every day for the day's supplies, now Mike drives us. So over the last couple of weeks I have been making sure I walk to the shop at least three times, aiming for six. I discovered today that my mobile phone has a little app that allows me to know how far I have walked, how quickly and how many calories I have used up.

Today has been a glorious sunny day, with a definite air of Spring about it, the perfect day for walking. Mike was up for it so we set off to the local DIY store to look for a few bits and pieces for the kitchen. We walked there and we walked back, with 10kg of tile adhesive in a back pack on my back! So at the risk of looking like a show-off  I'll share with you what I learnt. We took 1 hour 13 minutes to walk 4.1 miles at an average speed of 3.4 miles per hour and I burnt  592 calories (does that mean I can eat a Mars bar?) No? What about a funsize? OK, you're right. No point undoing all my good work.

2 comments:

  1. YOU WALKED 4.1 MILES, with no snack break? Wow, I would have been wondering about the calorie
    content of the tile adhesive after mile 2! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update on Paula, Lorna. We were worried.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.