Thursday 25 March 2010

Cycle 1 day 11. At least I think it is.

All this cycle and day stuff is so confusing. We were hoping for a proper day off together next week but guess what....... it's Pamidronate time again. It's bad enough having an illness, but even worse that we never have that elusive "quality time" together. How about the evenings I hear you all cry! Well by the time dinner has been made, eaten and the kitchen rescued from looking like a transport cafe, I'm so tired that all I want to do is sit in front of the tv and chill out. This isn't helped by Mike's nocturnal habits, again due to the mm and the instructions to drink at least 3 litres of water a day, well it has to go somewhere! I love him dearly, but what with plastic water bottles that creak when being poured, the endless coughing (not a chest infection we're informed, well twice actually) and the padding of feet across the landing, I'm just about ready to find a really good sedative to put in his tea!

Being serious though, I'll put up with all that and a ton more. To quote Dai who posts a lot on the Myeloma UK discussion board, "Whatever it takes, for as long as we can."

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so familiar! You could always take the sedative yourself and then you would be none the wiser! I think that all MM partners are light sleepers - we are genetically matched to be awake so we are on the alert for night-time incidents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernard and I were fortunate as he works nights otherwise I think separate bedrooms would have been in order.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.