Monday 5 June 2017

Is there no end? Day 20

I had a call from Mike yesterday. His mouth is still so sore that eating anything solid is still impossible. They are still feeding him through the tube and he is still having those lovely milkshakes. So far so good.

Mike also told me that they have moved him out of intensive care back to the ward where he has his own room and his own bathroom. This would be good, except he realised that he can't actually get out of bed, his leg muscles have wasted so badly that they will no longer take his weight. He can't walk or stand and needs physiotherapy. Yet another hurdle, something else to stop us ever getting back to some sort of normality. 

Please don't tell me it will all get better unless you can guarantee that he will be normal again by September. I'm so angry with the whole world right now. 😭😡

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorna,

    I've been commenting on your blogs but can't find them so I'm hoping they've reached you by email.

    I just wanted you to know that you are both in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I feel so dreadfully sorry for you and know exactly how you feel. Trying to be strong but not in control wears one down.

    I'm very happy to hear that Mike is no longer in IT but as you say, this brings its own challenges.
    Small little steps...

    We found that coconut oil really helped with mouth sores. I would put a dollop on Jimmy's tongue and he would spread it around the inside of his mouth with his tongue.

    I wish I could guarantee that everything will be fine but I can hope. And I desperately do.

    I am here if you need to let of some steam but I wish I was bunking up with you and giving you all the support you need right now. Don't ever feel guilty for being angry 😘

    You are an amazing wife, carer and person Lorna!
    Lots of love,
    Viv
    ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.