Monday 13 September 2010

Better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.

I love that phrase, although Mike had never heard it until he met me. Maybe I just made it up, I don't remember. It's a useful little phrase that makes everything seem better. You get a bid of 99p on eBay, well it's better than a poke in the eye etc..


Last week we were watching a program about the Tropical disease hospital in Liverpool. There was some poor bloke on it who had worms which travelled to his eyes, he'd had them for about 10 years! Luckily Mike and I had eaten our tea otherwise..... well you know. We did spot Ian Rush in the waiting room of the clinic, they didn't say it was him or why he was there, but we know our ex-Liverpool players (well Welsh Evertonians).

This morning Mike looked as if he had been poked in the eye with a fence post never mind a blunt stick. He says it is probably an old-fashioned stye, he always has been a bit of a pig. I'm no doctor, nurse or even a vet, I just know he looks as if there is an egg under his right eye and I'm worried about what might hatch out of it, I'm hoping for a pet dragon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm beginning to think we must have shared ancestry - I'm familiar with that phrase too!

    At least Toni will be able to hold her own with a dragon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.