If I have already told you all this then apologies for repeating myself.
The doctor Mike saw yesterday has decided Mike needs a second MRI on his skull, as without it the neurology department will not let them refer him. Hopefully they will do the scan today. He is feeling better in himself I think, although the problems remain with his mouth and so his speech. Mike must be getting back to himself as he called me to say he'd had a run in first with one of the nurses and then with a pharmacist over his drugs. Last Tuesday he was prescribed an anti-fungal, an antibiotic and had his dose of Aciclovir increased as there were signs of an infection in his urine and as they weren't sure at the time gave him everything to cover whatever it might be. It was meant to be a five day course which Mike started on Wednesday. So by now he should have finished. BUT the drugs are written on his notes from admission and so as a doctor hasn't crossed them off, he has jolly well got to take them, well Mike says NO NO NO! So the pharmacist came to speak to him. A similar conversation was had and eventually she left saying "I'll leave you to it then."
I'm still scared stiff by it all and sort of numb. There are nervous butterflies in my tummy all the while and I just don't know what to do with myself when I'm not with him at the hospital. I'll update after visiting this evening if there is any news.
Trial By Error?
1 day ago