Thursday 18 January 2018

Looks can be deceptive.

Looks can be deceptive. Take this little chap.


He (let's assume it's a male)* looks so cute. His song fills my garden with such a sweet sound it fills my heart with joy. 

In actual fact he is an awful bully. Today I had a couple of visitors who I hadn't manged to spot before, I now know why. Mr. Robin attacked them as they tried to feed!


This one just about managed to get a quick beakful before the robin pecked her (let's assume it's a female)*. Her friend was acting as decoy at the time. 



*If a passing reader is able to sex my birds I will happily correct my text. 

1 comment:

  1. We have nasty starlings. I try to like them because they cannot help who they are but they sure do bully.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.