Sunday, 30 April 2017

Quickie

Just a quick update. Another month gone. Still no bed. Dr S.B. has put Mike on a course of dexamethasone, 20 mg for four days followed by four days off. The hope is that the dex will manage to hold his disease progression at bay while we are waiting. We have a months course and Mike has just started his second pulse of four days on (oh joy!) 

An SCT is currently Mike's only available treatment, so it's a bit urgent. You wouldn't know it from the way the Q.E. hospital are talking, still number seven on the list, Mike was number seven nearly four weeks ago. If it wasn't for S.B. Mike would have given up all hope. 

I'll update if we get any further news. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how disappointed and discouraged you both are. No words. But thinking about you both.

    ReplyDelete