Monday 9 January 2017

Hair goes - 1

Only one day left. At 11 a.m. tomorrow it will all be gone. Do I feel anxious? Of course I do. My anxiety is less about actually being bald and is more about people's reactions. Will I offend people who have no choice? Is my act of solidarity like being hit in the face with a wet fish? So far no-one who has been there has made any comment, either via FB or here, so I will carry on.

 My second anxiety comes from my own low self-esteem, will I fail the popularity contest that is fundraising? I would like to reach Mike's total from his abseil, I would have liked to have beaten it 😛. Some people seem to manage to raise hundreds of pounds just from having a coffee morning. It's all about popularity. 

Still I have done my best and at the end of the day we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. I will carry on pestering people for a while once the deed is done in the hope of getting a bit closer to Mike's total. 

A reminder of why I am doing this.
Mike 6 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. You'll blow my total well out of sight,you're FAR more polar!
    GO GIRL!!X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your head will be bear if my predict text is believed�� x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.