Thursday 3 January 2013

Here's to 2013!


Happy New Year everyone. It has just occurred to me that for those very superstitious people out there  it is going to be a very long year especially if they have to write down the shortened date on a daily basis! Luckily I'm not superstitious, but I am ever so slightly apprehensive about the milestone birthday which will arrive in June. 

As we start a new year with a nice fresh diary (actually I haven't got one, I forgot both diary and calendar) I am resolute that I won't be "fat and fifty". So I will try my best over the next few months to lose a bit of weight and get into a reasonable shape. It won't be easy, as I've mentioned before, my relationship with food tends to be rather chaotic, food to celebrate and food to commiserate, either way it is always the unhealthy stuff that makes it to my plate. I need to be in a permanent state of neutralness! I'm a total food addict. 

After the success of Thinning Thursdays two years ago I realised that having to report back to all my blog readers (real or imagined) spurred me on to actually lose weight each week for fear of the shame of reporting a gain. So I hope you will all indulge me and allow me to take up valuable space in the blog-o-sphere with my dieting anecdotes.  I might even post some really lovely recipes for low fat healthy meals including home made burgers and coleslaw (home made too), low fat Southern fried style chicken (baked in the oven) and of course my butter nut squash and  bacon soup. Tonight it is a healthy chilli con carne, the only argument will be how spicy to make it.

  

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year my dear! Hope it's a good one :D And it's your blog to do what you want with, so don't apologise for diet-talk - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ,
    。*./ \ .˛* .˛.*.★* *★ 。Happy n
    New Year!*
    .˛. (´•.•)*˛°*/.♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. * ˛*
    ..°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*
    .*(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬ .
    ¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯`´¯˜"*°••°*"˜¯` ´¯˜"*°´¯

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your Thinning Thursday reports, and it kinda forced me to pay more attention to what I was lifting up to my pie-hole - LOL! So I will welcome your info and am intending a rich (experience-wise)and healthy 2013 to both of you - hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.