Friday 12 August 2011

Good advice.

Way back at the very start Roo suggested we take up knitting, so I did. After a few false starts I managed to finish my pixie scarf and daughters' fingerless gloves and of course when Mike was day +4 I started the "green" thing. The thing has become my hospital waiting knitting and over the last eight months has grown from this:



to this:

Wait, knit, knit. Fret, knit, knit. Count, knit, knit. Cry, knit, knit. Knit, knit knit. Hour after hour of myeloma and miscellaneous conditions. It'll be alright, knit, knit. This time, knit, knit. But what about? knit, knit. Does anyone else understand? knit, knit. It was only an hour and a half today.

Thank you Ruth x

3 comments:

  1. My pleasure me dear! Now you just have to get Mike crochetting and you will BOTH be calm! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you gals are so patient with all this knitting. I was told by the lady of the farm who is our neighbor in VT that I would have to knit now to save my sanity(after Tim's dx). All I made was a couple of lousy hats and a scarf. The last scarf I started is stuck at about 6 inches and I just can't keep with it. I guess the good news is we haven't been sitting for hours in waiting rooms and hospitals so I don't find the time to do it. I guess I should be calm then but alas......... And as for my sanity, being a caregiver can drive one crazy.
    For me, it was a short trip. ;o)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.