Sunday 14 February 2010

Hearts, flowers and mushy stuff.


We've never as a couple been big on Valentine's Day, one it's a waste of money the prices they suddenly charge and two if you need a special day to tell someone you see every day that you love them there is something seriously wrong. (You should at least say it on birthdays and Christmas too!) There is however a certain urgency on such days when one of you has been diagnosed with cancer. Who wouldn't think, "maybe next year it will be different." I have already read in the blogs of other myeloma sufferers the expression "a ticking time bomb" and that sums it up pretty well. Myeloma in effect has focused our minds and we make sure we let each other know how we feel every single day. All the mushy stuff and all the worries get poured out daily, I'm not sure how we find the hours mind you, there's an awful lot of stuff!


So today I made sure I got Mike a card and a present. I made him breakfast in bed. I told him that I loved him. I'm going to make sure every day is Valentine's Day, just in case!


Lorna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.